Gov. Malloy Invites Public to Annual Holiday Open House at the Governor’s Residence
(HARTFORD, CT) – Governor Dannel P. Malloy and First Lady Cathy Malloy are inviting Connecticut residents to attend the annual holiday open house of the Governor’s Residence, located at 990 Prospect Avenue in Hartford, which will be decorated for the season and open to the public for tours. This year’s holiday open house will be held:
- Friday, December 8, 2017 from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Saturday, December 9, 2017 from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.[Update: Saturday's Open House has been canceled due to parking ban on local roads]
- Sunday, December 10, 2017 from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
“This is a longstanding Connecticut tradition, and Cathy and I are happy once again to bring the residents of our state together to join in the holiday spirit,” Governor Malloy said. “Not only does this give us an opportunity to share own family’s personal collection of Christmas decorations, but a number of Connecticut growers and small businesses have generously donated their own seasonal agricultural decorations for us to share. We look forward to having everyone visit.”
This is the 27th year that holiday decorations, including wreaths, Christmas trees and seasonal plants, have been donated to the Residence at no cost to the state. This year, those generous donations come from the Connecticut Nursery and Landscape Association.
Tours will be aided by volunteers, some of whom have volunteered at this event for over 20 years. The Residence, which is ADA accessible, will display six decorated Christmas trees, in addition to other holiday decorations. Santa will also be on hand throughout the weekend.
There is no admittance fee and tickets are not needed. However, donations will be accepted for Operation E.L.F., an annual initiative of the Connecticut Military Department that assists military families during the holidays and throughout the year. In addition to monetary contributions, suggested donations include grocery store gift cards, gas gift cards, department store gift cards, and gift cards for home essential services, such as heating oil, maintenance services, and snow removal.
Live entertainment will be performed by the following:
Friday, December 8, 2017
- 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. – Ethel Walker School
- 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. – Extreme Measures
- 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. – Plainfield High School Chamber
- 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. – Conn-Men
- 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. – Woodstock Academy Hill Singers
Saturday, December 9, 2017
- 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. – Emmanuel Christian Academy Choir
- 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. – Conard High School Solo Choir
- 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. – Completely Different Note
- 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. – Opus 4 String Quartet, South Windsor
- 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. – Trinity College Trinitones
Sunday, December 10, 2017
- 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. – TBD
- 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. – A Minor
- 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. – Hall High School Choraliers
- 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. – Charter Oak Flute Quartet
Information about the history of the Governor’s Residence can be found on the Governor’s website.