Domain 11: Maintain administrative and management capacity
- Policy Template: The CT DPH Policy template provides programs with a standardized format to develop internal policies and procedures that follow the DPH Policy Creation, Review and Approval requirements.
- Protocol Template: Similar to the policy template, this protocol template provides CT DPH programs with a standardized format to develop and record protocols
- CT DPH Organizational Chart (Measure 11.1.1A RD2)
- Health Equity, Limited English Proficiency, and CLAS Policies (Measure 11.1.4A)
CDC/NACCHO Resources for Public Health Ethics (Measure 11.1.2A)
- Online Course: Good Decision Making in Real Time - Practical Public Health Ethics for Local Health Officials
- CDC Public Health Ethics Training Materials: The Public Health Ethics Unit of the CDC provides training materials online, including a downloadable version of the Student's Manual for the Good Decision Making in Real Time ethics training course. The Facilitator's Manual is also available from CDC upon request.
- Building an Ethics Infrastructure in Local Health Departments: A Guide for Ethics Champions: This fact sheet will help accreditation coordinators and LHD practitioners understand and promote the importance of public health ethics.
Domain 12: Maintain Capacity to Engage the Public Health Governing Entity
- Template for Tracking Actions of the Governing Entity: PHAB Measure 12.3.2A requires that actions taken by the health department's governing entity (in DPH's case, the Governor's Office and the Office of Policy Management) are tracked and reviewed. This template developed by DPH allows the agency to identify actions over the previous year related to legislative proposals, the SHIP policy agenda, and other significant legislation that affects public health and/or DPH. Importantly, the template also identifies potential health equity impact of the legislation
NACCHO Resources for Engaging the Local Governing Entity or Board
- Public Health 101 Powerpoint Presentation: Powerpoint template to guide orientation on public health and national accreditation to governing entity (or department staff)
- Presenter's Guide: Training materials intended to provide a resource for local health departments to inform their respective local governing entities on the basics of public health, the importance of accreditation, and the role that the governing entity plays in the accreditation process.
- Public Health and Accreditation Fact Sheet
- Archived webinars and videos: