The Office of Oral Health promotes the oral health of Connecticut residents and the reduction of disease and health disparities to ensure the public’s overall health and well-being. Our vision is to provide leadership and expertise in dental public health and maintain a strong and sustainable infrastructure to support essential public health activities related to oral health. Oral health is an essential component to the general health and well-being of all Connecticut residents.
The Office of Oral Health supports Connecticut residents through assessment, policy development, and assurance activities that include:
• collecting, analyzing, and reporting oral health data;
• implementing an oral health surveillance system to identify and detect disease, to inform policy, and to plan and evaluate programs;
• providing leadership in developing plans and policies through a collaborative process;
• mobilizing community partnerships to identify and implement solutions to address oral health needs;
• informing and empowering the public regarding oral health problems and solutions;
• supporting access to quality oral health services; and
• promoting laws and regulations that protect the public’s well-being.
For more information, call (860) 509-8251