Trade Practices Division
The Department of Consumer Protection protects the public from unfair or deceptive trade practices and unsafe consumer products, and helps to mediate disputes between buyers and sellers by:
- regulating health clubs, closing-out sales, and itinerant vendors;
- responding to telephone and written consumer complaints;
- administering the Lemon Law, Home Improvement, Product Safety, and New Home Construction programs;
- investigating Connecticut-based violations of the Do Not Call Registry; and
- enforcing the Connecticut Unfair Trade Practices Act.