- Business Development
- Connecticut Economic Resource Center (CERC) is a nonprofit corporation and public-private partnership that provides economic development services, leveraging Connecticut’s unique advantages as a premier business location.
- Businesses looking to start, expand or relocate can access assistance to identify Connecticut’s business programs and services and information on how to register and license a business. Business resource information is also available by exploring the Resource Wizard.
- You may contact the CERC with questions: 1-800-392-2122. Visit: www.cerc.com
- Business Name
- Business Opportunity
See also Business Development
- Business Ownership
- Sole proprietor
- General partnership
- Limited liability company
- Limited liability partnership
- Limited partnerships
Corporations, Limited Liability Companies, Limited Liability Partnerships and Limited Partnerships must register their business name with:
Phone: (860) 509-6200
Sole proprietors and general partners must register with each city or town in which the business is based.
The types of business ownership in
Each business ownership type has legal and tax advantages and disadvantages. Contact the
for further assistance at 1-800-392-2122. Connecticut Economic Resource Center