MISSION: Working together with families and communities for children who are healthy, safe, smart and strong.
SEVEN CROSS-CUTTING THEMES: The following cross-cutting themes shall guide all DCF operational units in advancing the mission and strategies of the agency:
- implementing strength-based family policy, practice and programs;
- applying the neuroscience of early childhood and adolescent development;
- expanding trauma-informed practice and culture;
- addressing racial inequities in all areas of our practice;
- building new community and agency partnerships;
- improving leadership, management, supervision and accountability; and
- becoming a learning organization.
DCF STRATEGIES: Informed by the seven cross-cutting themes, DCF shall implement the following strategies to advance the well-being of children and their families in accordance with the DCF mission:
- increase investment in prevention, health promotion, early intervention and educational success;
- strengthen family-centered practice;
- expand regional networks of in-home and community services;
- continue congregate care rightsizing and redesign;
- address the needs of identified populations of children and families;
- increase DCF and community partnerships;
- support the public and private sector workforce;
- manage ongoing DCF operations and change initiatives; and
- improve revenue maximization and develop new investment resources.