Purchase a Vehicle During the Reallocation Period
Surplus vehicles are held for 14 days to give state agencies and municipalities a chance to purchase them prior to going to public auction. This is called the reallocation period. During the first seven (7) days only state agencies may purchase vehicle(s). On day eight (8) vehicle(s) are available to municipalities for purchase. Municipalities may request a price any time during this period and an interest list will be created on a first come, first served basis. Once this time period has elapsed, if the vehicle is not purchased by a state agency or municipality, the vehicle(s) will be available to the public via auction. When vehicles are for sale, auctions will begin and end on Wednesdays at 6 p.m.
Preview vehicles coming up in future auctions:
- Go to the Auction Preview page on Property Room
- Any listings with Hartford, CT on that Preview Page will be up for sale within a couple of weeks following the preview close date.
Communicate Interest in a Surplus Vehicle:
- Email Philip St. Amand and cc Veronica Coty for a price quote. It may take up to 3 business days to get a price to you.
- Once price quote has been provided, the vehicle will be placed on hold for a three (3) day period. If your confirmation of intent to purchase is not received within three (3) days, the vehicle will be placed back on auction.
- Vehicles can be seen in person prior to purchase or commitment to purchase.
- If you decide to purchase, confirm with Phil and Veronica and Surplus will administer the paperwork.
- Your agency representative will be scheduled to meet with Veronica to sign the paperwork.
- Bring copies of all sale paperwork to Corona's Auto Parts in order to pick up the vehicle, keys and title. If the title is not available, it will be mailed.
- The DAS Business Office will bill your agency based on the sale paperwork.
To see the vehicles in person, go to:
Corona’s Auto Parts & Towing
608 Wethersfield Ave
Hartford, CT 06114
Viewing days/hours are: Monday – Friday from 9:00am to 4:00pm
Please Note: you cannot drive the vehicle(s) but you can have the Corona’s staff start it for you, check the oil and other fluids, and look at the engine and inside the vehicle.